Welcome to the mission page for Elder Michael Young. Michael will serve in the Brazil Rio De Janeiro North mission.

Michael was transferred to AraCruz on June 15, 2008.

Send letters for Michael to his apartment:

Elder Michael M. Young
Avenida Venancio Flores 1817
Apto 301
Centro - AraCruz - ES
29190-010 BRASIL

Send packages for Michael to the Mission Home:

Elder Michael Matthew Young

Rio de Janeiro North Mission
Rua Dois De Dezembro, 78 Sala 703
Catete
Rio De Janeiro-RJ
22220-040 Brazil

See the latest posts below:

Monday, March 31, 2008

Letter From Mike Jan 16, 2008

Hey mom. What´s up doc? The snow doc. Removing large snow deposits from the vein that leads to our house. Excellent. I keep forgetting you´re not pregnant haha Well this week was the best week I´ve had in the mission. THE BEST. We really had the spirit and let it guide. We found some great people to teach that have been truly prepared to hear what we have to share. More than half of our new investigators that we´ve found in the last week have lost a family member in the last two weeks. It´s crazy. God´s just sending us on a mission to share the Plan of Salvation with the people that need it most. Not a few tears have been shed in my prayers this week. These people really have had experiences that ready them to hear God´s plan with humility in their hearts. Also, I´ve found a new family. I´m sure that I´ve talked about the family that we´ve been working with that lost their son to cancer a year ago. I LOVE THEM SO MUCH! Mom this feeling is amazing, when you realize that you really care for these people in an eternal sense. I´ve really seen them progress, continually developing faith in the Savior and letting him guide their lives. As I see them grow and learn, I step back and feel myself grow with them. It´s such an amazing thing. But, in short, this week´s been amazing. Spent this morning at the Dentist, cause Elder J couldn´t hold out two years haha He´s getting a root canal this next week, and today they started the work. Sounds like everything is running like clock work at home. I´m good. I´m great. Need a haircut, but other than that. Been having great studying this week. Started out with the topic of Work and Personal Responsiblity. Then I asked the question, why is everything that Heavenly Father does, done right? The Pearl of GP has ALL the answers. The spirit is just awesome when it leads you to question and answer. I think I´ll write it out and send her home. It´s really hepled me define my work ethic out here. Had a sleepover with our Zone Leaders last night and ate Dominos. Foi OTIMO (GREAT)!! But yeah, I´m great and grand, health problem free and speaking Portugese mais ou menos. I´m really improving. Humility is the key. My P Blessing says that I need to let humility be my hallmark. It´s SO HARD! haha But I´m trying. Glad to hear that you´re fine and all is well. I have to write President. We have conference in Rio tomorrow, and I gotta tell him how we´re doing. Love you mom. You are the bomb. Dot com. Tchau for now

No comments: