Welcome to the mission page for Elder Michael Young. Michael will serve in the Brazil Rio De Janeiro North mission.

Michael was transferred to AraCruz on June 15, 2008.

Send letters for Michael to his apartment:

Elder Michael M. Young
Avenida Venancio Flores 1817
Apto 301
Centro - AraCruz - ES
29190-010 BRASIL

Send packages for Michael to the Mission Home:

Elder Michael Matthew Young

Rio de Janeiro North Mission
Rua Dois De Dezembro, 78 Sala 703
Catete
Rio De Janeiro-RJ
22220-040 Brazil

See the latest posts below:

Monday, March 31, 2008

Letter From Mike Jan. 2, 2008

Hey Dad

How is everything going there? Sounds like well enough. Things here are going well. Found out this morning that I´ve got another six weeks with Jensen. Complete surprise. A dissapointment to be honest. Him staying one more means me staying at least one more, and that´s a lot of time in one place, but welcome to this mission I guess huh?....Yesterday was P-day, cause everythings closed on new years day. New years eve was ridiculous. Brazil on New Years is cross dress city. Don´t really understand it. Just filthiness everywhere. The Zone Leaders, who have the more part of the centro and beach in their area, had to do a division and come work with us because it was so nuts there. But it´s always good to work with your leaders for a day and see how they work and how you can improve. I was with Elder Spencer, from Florida. He´s a HUGE tall guy that I really have a lot of respect for. It was good and fun to wirk with him. Our chapel went into reform this week, and we´re meeting in a giant house that sucks. The pool was only up to my knees when we baptized, and I had to baptize this guy five times. Twice by myself, twice with the help of E Jensen, and finally on the fifth time we got it. But everything is going good. I read the letter that you gave me when I left yesterday about cultivationg charity, and I´m really going to try hard to do that this transfer. The Lord really blesses us huh? It´s awesome. Well I really liked that bit about the gift of tongues. Some prophet said that when e arrived in the field, he liked to hear the dogs bark becasue he could understand haha I felt like that for a long time, but now, it´s coming smooth and steady, precept upon precept. When I think that I was in house five months ago speaking only English, it blows my mind. The Lord really helps those who ask for it. Qualifies those he calls. Thanks for everything dad. All is well here. No worries. If you ever need anything, let me know. I love you. You´re a great example of a righteous priesthood holder. Ate mais!

No comments: