Welcome to the mission page for Elder Michael Young. Michael will serve in the Brazil Rio De Janeiro North mission.

Michael was transferred to AraCruz on June 15, 2008.

Send letters for Michael to his apartment:

Elder Michael M. Young
Avenida Venancio Flores 1817
Apto 301
Centro - AraCruz - ES
29190-010 BRASIL

Send packages for Michael to the Mission Home:

Elder Michael Matthew Young

Rio de Janeiro North Mission
Rua Dois De Dezembro, 78 Sala 703
Catete
Rio De Janeiro-RJ
22220-040 Brazil

See the latest posts below:

Monday, March 31, 2008

Letter From Mike Feb 27, 2008

Hey. February is really gone isn´t it? I can´t believe it. I´m becoming a semi old in the mission. I´m the guy translating for greenies at conference. It´s nuts. Things are really going well. REALLY well. Costa has the diligent faith of a mustard seed, and we´re out to help everyone in our area. He´s really given me a boost. Fonseca was turning into an unworkable area, but he proved me wrong there. WE baptized Wallace this Saturday, and we´re looking forward with an eye of faith to get some more for the ward. I was really frustrated Saturday with our ward. NOBODY showed up to the baptism, the Bishop was late and in shorts, so we made him go home and change, but it turned out to be a really great baptismal service. President says that the whole missin is to study faith this whole transfer. It´s a good experience. If you go to the scriptures with a topic in mind, things will be opened to you. Like a Patriarchal Blessing. Read mine a lot this week and there are some pretty incredible promises there according tom ym faithfulness...I know leaders are inspired. I´m narrow minded. It´s so hard for me to do some of the things that they ask, but when I do them, if I swallow my pride, I´m happier doing this work....Saw a lady get robbed yesterday. Yelled at the guy in English and the whole world looked at me like I had lobsters crawling out of my ears. It was funny....Also, our streets were flooded. SO MUCH RAIN!!! Haha REad about Elijah this week, like you mentioned. He shows all of the prophets of Baal who the Lord is, and then what does he do? He kills um all. I don´t really know what to learn from that, but I love that story....Hope all is well with work and with the ward. I´m doing great. Transfers are March 26 I think. Not sure exactly. But yeah, if you ever need anything, give a holler. Thanks Dad. Love you.

No comments: