Welcome to the mission page for Elder Michael Young. Michael will serve in the Brazil Rio De Janeiro North mission.

Michael was transferred to AraCruz on June 15, 2008.

Send letters for Michael to his apartment:

Elder Michael M. Young
Avenida Venancio Flores 1817
Apto 301
Centro - AraCruz - ES
29190-010 BRASIL

Send packages for Michael to the Mission Home:

Elder Michael Matthew Young

Rio de Janeiro North Mission
Rua Dois De Dezembro, 78 Sala 703
Catete
Rio De Janeiro-RJ
22220-040 Brazil

See the latest posts below:

Monday, March 31, 2008

Letter from Mike Feb 6, 2008

Alright! EMAIL! P day! YESS!! Well, quickly, I will anser a question of Diana that I forgot to include in her email. Carnaval really is a dance competition. All the famous samba dance companies compete in a giant parade in Rio that last all through the night. That´s the basis. But what it really is is a nude festival in celebration of beer and breasts and gays. It´s quite interesting. I´ll come back and try it out...I´d love to have you guys come. I have to know six months before, so you´ve got plenty of time. We´re teaching Mauricio and Renata. Passed them a firm baptisms for the end of this week. Firm with faith. We´ll see how it turns out. This week has been really really wet. And we´ve been leaving the house at 8 and returning at 7 for Carnaval. Studying after a day of work is tough, but I´ve learned a lot. I encourage reading Jacob. He sure know how to burn the Nephite men, and anyone who denies Christ for that matter. He gives an excellent of how missionaries need to teach in the chapter dealing with Sherem. He teaches, and then testifies. It´s awesome. But hmmm, sounds like I´m missing out on snow to the max. Shame. Sam really cracks me up. Ken too. Us and our jokes. Not lies, jokes. Glad to hear my girlfriend doesn´t have a boyfriend haha Gotta love her. Sent her a hilarious Valentines thing. Be sure to ask her to see it. I am so funny I think.....But yeah, we´re teaching a lot, and we´re trying really hard to bring the spirit. That´s really what it´s about, is bringing the gift of the holy ghost to people that have never had that presence in their home. It´s amazing. D Uchtdorf as segundo. I´m stoked for that. I love that german apostle. But yeah, what else to say. I´m healthy, wealthy, and getting wise. Love you and thank the big man every night and morning for you as my mom and dad as my dad. Thanks for everything. Love you guys. Have a wonderful week. Me.

No comments: