Welcome to the mission page for Elder Michael Young. Michael will serve in the Brazil Rio De Janeiro North mission.

Michael was transferred to AraCruz on June 15, 2008.

Send letters for Michael to his apartment:

Elder Michael M. Young
Avenida Venancio Flores 1817
Apto 301
Centro - AraCruz - ES
29190-010 BRASIL

Send packages for Michael to the Mission Home:

Elder Michael Matthew Young

Rio de Janeiro North Mission
Rua Dois De Dezembro, 78 Sala 703
Catete
Rio De Janeiro-RJ
22220-040 Brazil

See the latest posts below:

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Letter from Mike Aug. 29, 2007

How are all of you? I can honestly now say that I´ve never been better! Everything here is so awesome. You should all want to be in my shoes! Today we didn´t get to go to the temple because we went to the Federal Police and got fingerprinted, hassled etc etc...It was awesome.

So go up to this handsome lookin fella, start handing the guy a pass along card and stumbling through some portuguese, and he´s like "Dude, save it. I speak English." HA!! The Lord directs you for sure! But yeah, we talked about Christ and I told him that I knew that he left the tomb and that he is a living God, and he told me that this was the message that Brazil needed. That it was gettng more and more corrupt and that what I was saying to him would help everyone in one way or the other. So he took my card with the missionaries number and told me that he wanted to look into all of that, becasue he also felt that Christ is more than a man. Anyways, proselyting experience #1=AWESOME!!

Everything is just swell. Portuguese is actually starting to pick up. We have to speak it in class now and that helps so much. Tough, but ~´m learning so much.

I got that first package and was quite pleased. You guys know me better than Dumbledore knows Harry. I appreciate it. Also, mom, got your letter and a few from mission ties. I love trivial news from the mainland. Thanks a lot. I pray for you, just like I promised. Uhmm, tell the Nielsen´s as well as Rolene T thanks. They´ve both sent me letters and it helps to know that the support of the ward is with me.

Well, we had the best fireside so far last night. It was awesome. Remember the story that Pres Mnson(?) told about the young mens pres that went and got the kid from the beah every sunday morning to get to church? That surfer kid is now President Arujo(?), an area athourity seventy, who used to be a pro surfer in Fotaleza. Look him up, because he gave the best talk I´ve ever heard last night, Obedience is key he said, and I knew that thanks to you dad.

You´re all so swell. I hope that you can feel the spirit of missionary work as I work and learn here. It truly is an amazng work. The most important thing in the world, and knowing that I have the full support of the best family in the world is so awesome. Never stop the letters. I love them.

Kids, one and all, be good. Be smart. Be wise and study the important things. Make sure and have fun though. The most important thing all of you can do is get close to the Lord and stay there. I love you all and smile when I thnk of you. May your week be full of smiles and laughter, good food, and lots of school hahahahah!

Elder Mike


Michael now has an email address! Click this > E-Mail Elder Young

1 comment:

Sue Bullough Burningham said...

I love the website. Love reading Michael's letters. He sounds so good. You have inspired me. check out Morgans missionary site at sistermo.blogspot.com

Sue