Welcome to the mission page for Elder Michael Young. Michael will serve in the Brazil Rio De Janeiro North mission.

Michael was transferred to AraCruz on June 15, 2008.

Send letters for Michael to his apartment:

Elder Michael M. Young
Avenida Venancio Flores 1817
Apto 301
Centro - AraCruz - ES
29190-010 BRASIL

Send packages for Michael to the Mission Home:

Elder Michael Matthew Young

Rio de Janeiro North Mission
Rua Dois De Dezembro, 78 Sala 703
Catete
Rio De Janeiro-RJ
22220-040 Brazil

See the latest posts below:

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Letter from Mike Aug. 22, 2007

Elder Michael Young writes:
About the trip: I flew from SLC with one other Elder and then we met up with 5 others in Texas. We all commented on how strange it was to meet up with strangers in a foreign place and instantly feel a brotherhood. Very Cool!

On his 2nd P-day in the MTC:
So many things in my inbox! I have the best friends and family in the world! Well, I´m doing all sorts of fine and dandy. P-days rock. I´ve been out wandering the streets and I can´t wait to get down to the nitty-gritty haha I´ve been busy all week...It wears me out studying 24/7, but I couldn´t be more all about it. It's amazing having the spirit on your side. True happiness is in Brazil ladies and gentlemen. Thanks for the letters. Portuguese is a mean bully, kicking me in the mouth with every mistake I make. It´s fun, and I love trying to talk to the Brasilieros. Most of the time, they look at me like I have lobsters crawling out my ears, but it´s a fun experience. I can pray, testify, and give the first lesson in Portuguese, and this week we start on the second. It´s hard to train your tongue to something so different, but it´s an awesome experience. We go to the temple on every p day. The first five weeks we go to Campinas, which is about an hour and a half away, and the last four weeks, we go to Sao Paulo. The Campinas temple is rad. I love it. Portuguese isn´t the highlight of the trip, but it´s an interesting experience nonetheless haha Well, Mom, Dad, I love you. Thanks so much for helping me get out here and showing me what it means to be a servant of God. I couldn´t love it more. Don´t ever worry about me. I am so fine. I have a blast in this big frat house of a missionary training center. Let me know what you want to know. Thank you for all your support and prayers. I can feel them. I hope that you can feel mine.

Love from afar, Mike

No comments: